The mission of the Scholarship Committee is to enable selected NYC public school teachers to attend summer workshops where they can engage in activity-oriented nature study and explore new ways to enhance their classroom teaching. To this end, committee members:
- research and select program providers
- publicize scholarship availability
- review applications
- select recipients.
Selections are based on need as well as application quality, with an emphasis on helping poorly performing schools and offering opportunities in all NYC boroughs. Teachers who cover science in classrooms of public elementary, middle and high schools are eligible to apply. CGC scholarships cover:
- the costs of tuition
- “P” in-service credit fees where applicable
- course materials
- room and board where required.
Teachers cover their own transportation costs.
Recent summer workshop providers include:
- National Audubon Society
- Queens Botanical Garden
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- The Horticultural Society of New York
- The New York Botanical Garden (in the Bronx).
See Programs for details
COME BACK IN JANUARY 2016 TO APPLY
To apply click here